Windows 10 issues
Dear Valued CoreMatter Clients,
Although this blog is not about CoreMatter, however we felt you should know about it since many CoreMatter user are Microsoft Windows users.
With the advent of Windows 10, we have had a few clients who updated their Windows 7 to Windows 10 without informing us or their IT department.
Please note the following pertinent information:
1.Is Windows 10 really Free?
Microsoft’s marketing messages have been touting *Free* upgrades to Windows 10, however please note that all Windows 7/8/8.1 Enterprise editions are excluded. Details here: microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade
We are seeing the following issues being reported to us:
- Outlook add-in compatibility
- Internet access becomes slow
- Outlook mail server disconnected and etc.
Our team have done some research, attached is the compilation of common issues reported by Windows 10 users worldwide (Windows 10 Upgrade Issues.pdf). This list is still growing as users slowly discover more problems.
- We suggest that you DO NOT upgrade to Windows 10 for the time being until further notice from us. Please reach out to us should you have any need to upgrade, or have further questions regarding Windows 10.
- We have not tested running CoreMatter with Windows 10 new browser yet (called “Edge”), we will report in once we have tested. For now, you are good to go in staying with using the Google Chrome browser.